Court Proceedings

In some circumstances, social services may have significant concerns in relation to the health and wellbeing of your children or the care your children may be receiving. These concerns may result in the local authority issuing court proceedings to obtain an order in respect of your children and in some circumstances to remove your children from your care. If this happens, it is essential that you obtain expert legal advice.

At GGP Law, we can offer specialist advice in relation to applications made for care orders, supervision orders, emergency protection orders, secure accommodation orders, placement orders and adoption orders. Our team of specialist child care solicitors, which includes members of the Law Society’s Children Law accreditation, can provide you with legal advice and guide you through this difficult process in a practical and sensitive manner.

Our solicitors are experienced in representing parents, family members and children in the Family Court on a daily basis and have experience in dealing with extremely complex cases, including cases which have involved serious allegations of physical and sexual abuse.

If you a parent or person with parental responsibility for a child and the local authority have confirmed that they have issued care proceedings, you will have an absolute right to legal aid. Therefore, you must contact a specialist child care solicitor as a matter of urgency to ensure that there is no delay for you or your children.


For more information please contact one of our Care team on 01685 871133 or