When someone dies, the administration of their estate is dealt with by their Executor if they have a will, or by an Administrator if they don’t.
Even with modest estates, there are a number of important tasks to complete even after a Grant of Probate is issued. We can guide you through each step of the process to ensure that things are dealt with correctly.
We can help with the following:-
• Obtaining the Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration
• Liaising with HMRC to pay any Inheritance Tax due on the estate
• Closing the deceased’s bank accounts, selling any shares or property
• Settling any outstanding debts
• Preparing a Deed of Variation
• Issuing public notices
• Advising on limitation periods for inheritance claims
• Resolving DWP enquiries
We can also work with our residential property team to handle the sale of any property or land owned by the deceased.
Our Probate Department is headed by Rhodri Owen who is an Affiliate Member of the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), providing an industry quality mark for Probate work.
For more information please contact one of our Wills & Probate team either at Aberdare on 01685 871133, Merthyr Tydfil on 01685 371153 or Blackwood on 01495 222214, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org