Making a will gives you peace of mind by ensuring that your wishes will be carried out when you die.We know that for many people making a will can seem like a daunting task but our friendly team will make the process as simple and stress free as possible.
If you die without making a will, or if your will is not drafted properly, then your property, money and possessions will be distributed strictly in accordance with the rules of intestacy which may not be what you want.
We believe that everyone should have an accurate and up to date will that has been drafted properly by an expert.
Making a will means:
• You can decide how your family, friends and charities should benefit
• You decide who you wish to act as Executors to administer your estate
• You can appoint guardians for your children while they are under 18
• You may be able to reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax payable on your death
• A will can make provision for modern families and make provisions for unmarried couples, second marriages, step children and step grandchildren, who would not otherwise inherit
If you don’t make a Will:
• Your estate will be distributed according to strict rules of Intestacy, which are based on blood relationships and marriage. The Intestacy Rules take no account of whether the beneficiaries are known to you – you may not have met them and you may not even be aware of their existence
• Your spouse may not receive the whole of your estate
• If you are not married your partner will not automatically inherit any of your estate
• If you are separated but not divorced your spouse will still be regarded as your next of kin and will inherit all or part of your estate
• If you die with no surviving members of your family, the whole of your estate goes to the Crown (i.e. the Government)
We offer competitive fixed fee packages tailored to the individual needs of you and your family. Contact us today to discuss making a will with one of our experts.
For more information please contact one of our Wills & Probate team either at Aberdare on 01685 871133, Merthyr Tydfil on 01685 371153 or Blackwood on 01495 222214, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org